Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 23 // Myriad

You will often hear me say that I HATE where I live. Not the house, or the neighborhood or the city. Those are the best out of what we've found. But I HATE this state and this climate. It's too freakin' hot, summer lasts from April to November.

But I could never deny how much I love the wildflowers that bloom in the spring. It is quite common to see photographers lined up on the highways and back roads, in the fields taking pictures for hours. It's quite amazing how resilient they are.

Like I've shown before, I have a continuous supply of buttercups in my backyard. I've dried two bunches already, we've mowed (have to -- neighborhood rules), and they've popped right back up. Well, my front yard is now covered in Catsear (Flatweed or False Dandelions). The whole plant can be eaten and used like Dandelions and the only difference is a few physical differences in leaf shape and stem. It originated in Europe and now is considered a noxious weed.

and this evening, I'm out to cultivate this bright yellow herb! I'll be drying the leaves and the flowers and leaving the roots. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to get more ;)

I also built my raised bed in about 20 minutes from planks of wood for my herbs and let's just say, I'm super nervous. I hope the herbs survive! *nail biting* For the meantime, I'm off to work on my Ogham divination set.

No comments:

Post a Comment