Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 16 // Witchie Cabinet, Grimoires and Herbs, oh my!

Today was a day of crafts!

I've officially renamed my BoS to be a grimoire and it's coming along quite nicely. At first today, I decided I was just going to tie the pieces together. Then one thing lead to another and I was taping the sides. Next thing I knew, I had the cardboard pieces cut out and the fabric attached to it!! So all I have left is to decorate the front and to attach the pages to the hardback cover. Ta da! It's looking great and I'm taking pictures along the way, so I'll have to put them in a montage or something when I'm done.

My herbs are still coming along nicely. I'm going to have to transplant them next weekend as they are getting too big for their little cells.

Lastly, I finally got around to sewing a bag for my tarot cards. I've been addicted to my tarot, pulling a card in the morning. I've asked a couple of serious questions but have pulled just a one card spread, which isn't in depth enough. When I feel more comfortable with the meanings, I'll most likely get crazier with the spreads. If anyone has tips for how to use patterns to memorize their meanings, that would be fantastic.

OH WAIT! there's more! I bought about 30 little amber bottles and about 50$ worth of essential oils too! Can't wait for those to arrive. Hopefully in time for Beltane, but we'll see. I also got stuff to make some clay decorations for my grimoire and an altar tile.

That's not it!! I also got my wardrobe and dresser delivered yesterday! The dresser is serving as the new altar. It's approximately 100 years old and was my great-grandmother's.. AND.. an antique wardrobe that has been dated approximately 100 years old as well for my cabinet. When everything's set up, aka... altar tiles, cauldron, amber bottles and what not.. I'll shoot some pics! :)

Hope your weekends were as productive as mine was! :) Bright blessings to everyone! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment