Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 10 // BoS

I had already posted so much information yesterday, that I figured to wait until today to post that I have started my BoS.

I found the 11"x17" paper at Office Depot, trimmed about 300 sheets to 11x14 and have already had it soaked in a water and herb solution. It has been drying now for 24 hours. They all would have been dry by now but I don't have enough surface space to lay the sheets out on top of. So, they're sitting in a nice dry, well-ventilated room with a fan going and some that are kinda sitting under the others are, of course, not dry yet. But I'll tell you something REALLY cool about the whole thing...

Just from me submerging each sheet into water individually, carrying it across the kitchen to dry and moving them around every so often to expose different sides has made the edges kinda crinkly and cracked, giving it a very old look. AND some of the ground herbs never washed off (even better in my book).. no BETTER YET, the herbs that didn't wash off stained the paper. So my paper is not evenly colored and has a few spots where bits of herb dried. Two bonuses out of the whole thing I wasn't expecting. Aesthetics, but still cool.

Currently about 50% of the pages are dry. Next I'll be selecting the most even sides, lining them to the best of my ability because they're quite messed up at the moment, putting eyelets through several at a time to create bunches until I have all 300 in eyelets and then tying them together! Huzzah! Once I have that complete it will be a ritual in incense for air, a ritual in fire where I singe off some bits, and then I'll bury it for a night for earth.. and then lay it out in the full moon. Ta da! Right, so they better get to drying lol.

So far, I'm in love with the result! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment