Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review: Wizard's Tarot

I bought my first tarot deck about 10 years ago and hated it. The colors. The images. I hated everything about it. It was so not.. beautiful enough and I'm sort of .. how should I say.. artsy shallow? If its not gorgeous, I don't like it.
Of course, it was a Rider-Waite.

So.. fast forward 10 years and I finally took the time to learn the cards, meditate over them, the whole she-bang. I enjoyed it a lot even though I wasn't too keen on the imagery. Cue.. search for a prettier card set. Yes, I said prettier.

I'm not really sure how I came about Wizard's Tarot by Corrine Kenner, but when I saw the painted images I loved it. I LOVE digital/oil painting and that's exactly what it looks like. So since I'm a non-nonsense kinda gal.. I'm going to get to the point.
---------------





















Paper Quality: Decent. Just like I like my men, not too flimsy, not too stiff. Ooh. No. Bad analogy.

Deck Size: Perfect, just like I like my m- . ... okay.. No seriously. They're JUST slightly smaller than the traditional Rider-Waite which makes a HUGE difference to me. I have small hands and shuffling was a honed skill for me.

Art Quality: Great. If you love paintings, fantasy worlds... then this deck is a lot of fun to look through. The Majors are beautiful. Some despise the Pentacles for looking like a bunch of male wrestlers (even the females), and it does have a negative connotation to it when I'm reading them but for the most part they don't bother me.

Back Design: Beautiful but one sided. You'll be able to tell if the card is reversed or not. To some that's a plus, to me... not so much.

Book: Cheesy. It has some good spreads, but the story line behind the deck was not interesting to me and nor do I care about it being a school of magic. Don't get it for the book unless you like that sort of thing.

Over all:
I give it 4 out of 5 sexy witchy ladies!
Why?: When I pulled out the cards and began looking through them and learning them, I 'heard' them. I could hear the scenes they were in, I could 'visualize' what each one sounded like and that was incredibly awesome. They are the deck I primarily use because of this feature. If I sit and meditate in a reading, I can hear the emotion in the cards. That's the biggest plus.

The biggest negative for me is the fact I can tell the card is reversed before placing it down and I have a feeling it most likely dictates, 'subconciously' how often I feel I need to shuffle.. before even seeing the result.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment