Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Resolutions are for chumps.

I say that as I'm eating my delicious grapefruit.
Truth is.. they're not for chumps if you make general statements for the improvement of YOU -- be it physical, mental, or spiritual.

2011 Resolution: Discover what makes me happy.
Notes-It was a fantastic, daunting journey. It took all year, and I read A LOT, but I'm always the good student and apply everything I read to my life to see what I can learn from it. I fine tuned who I was and what makes me happy and while I change and grow everyday, I still have a better sense of who I am in my core.

2012 Resolution: 100% all in.
Reason-I tend to be a chicken shit. The last few years I've been pursuing my second career with toes just dipped in the icy water of reality and it scared me frozen. My husband and I had wanted to go from vegetarian to vegan for health. Those are just a few examples. Well, my goal this year was to STOP being a chicken shit. Jump all in. Feet first. Without looking back. If I know in my heart its the right thing to do -- then give it my 100%. So, I'm currently working again on my second career and not letting fear run me. We've also made a commitment to be 100% raw vegan for 6 months.

Life is short. I have one family member who passed away in a matter of weeks with stage 4 ovarian cancer. I have another family member who has been battling cancer for years in various organs and never knows if she'll live to see the next year.

If last year, was your year... take another stab at it and make this one even better.
If not, this year is your year. Grab life by the testicles and take it for a ride. No fear. No insecurity. Be you. Be love. Be happiness. Be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment